I finally got around shooting the skeleton shots (some of them anyway.)
Now you may wonder how do i rotoscop a skeleton??
Well it’s not easy… So I built a “Skeleton Costume” and I start from there and draw all the missing bits (bones really) the old way :)
The roto is SO painful, but drawing the spine and all the other thing is pretty fun. I’m saying that probably because I’m still doing the first shot.
Here is the test animation I made, to make sure that the suit worked… It’s not part of the film. I’m including the live footage, because let’s face it, it’s pretty stupide.
So a few students from RCDC (Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication) backed the film’s kickstarter.
I met them at the Kickstarters end’s drinks, and for what ever reason when they’re not busy at school or on personal projects, they want to help on the film… Instead of partying and having fun! Crazy peops.
So they’re helping me shading some shots. To make sure everything is consistant I made this little “tutorial” on how to shade beard and hair on the film:
You can check it out in high quality on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/65075512
visit Animating DeadMan’s Reach now! And enjoy awesome rewards and stories about the film!
“Animating Deadman’s Reach” KickStarter is ready to go live!
I will be launching it THIS THURSDAY, valentine’s day.
And it will include Awesome Rewards!
Don’t miss it, Thuersday, for 30 days only! I will be trying to raise 7000£.
The preparation was bloody intense, but at least you”ll be able to enjoy making fun of me in the KickStarter video!
I finished the pencil animation for the Bedroom sequence,
Those of you who bought the book had a preview of what the film animation will look like, thanks for your feedbacks!
I switched back to shading for a few days before starting a new sequence witch involves a different drawing technique…
Here is what 3 hours of shading looks like:
Last week I started animation, I did 200 drawings in two days, tough.
I’m probably going to finish the sequence I’m working on and then change a little bit the technique I’m using.
I will try to find a way to make animation a bite more… expressive, by animating straight with a pen.
It’s going to be harder, but will save tones of paper and hopefully will make the drawings look much more “alive”.
In the mean time let me introduce you to my LineTest, it’s a setup that allows you to take pictures of drawings with a consistent lighting and framing.
You can check your animation much more quickly then when scanning drawing. When I say my line test I mean the one my friend Lucas lent me, thanks mate.
I’m using a D80 to take the pictures and icarus camera control to control the camera from the computer (Tethered)
Here it is in action:
This is the week 12 starting, already, Damn, that’s stress full.
And look at all this sun outside, it doesn’t make any sense!
Last week, I managed to finish the animation I wanted. I can tell you it’s gonna be tough.
This week I’m back on backgrounds for a few days and then will animate again.
Next week post will be a video showing the process of how I animated this first shot.
Including an amazing video of me stumbling in my living room!
But for now Enjoy the film first animation: